Friday, September 28, 2012

Yeah... I Am A Mom.

Ok. So I know that I have 3 kids and my oldest is 4, but it is official... I am a mom. Harlow is going to be the death of me when it comes to potty training. She is just so stubborn and nothing gets to her! I can take away all of her toys... Nothing. I can put her in time out... Nothing. I can send her to bed early... Nothing. I don't know where she gets this attitude from (kidding, I totally know. She is all Daddy.) but she is killing me here!

After discipline failed us, we are returning to the reward system (which has failed us already as well). If she poops she gets a little pony.

*Mini Rant Warning* I hate... no... I LOATHE these little stupid toys. Why are they so small? Why do I always step on them? Why are these things so small still so expensive?!?! I hate them!!!!!

Ok... back on topic. So if she poops she gets a pony, BUT, if she poops in her underwear... I get the pony back. Again., she doesn't give me much of a reaction to either. Sometimes she will stick out her bottom lip, but I think it is just to humor me and make me feel better. Well, shockingly (<---- sarcasm, folks) the Little Pony's have not made much impact on her. And I don't know if you all are aware, but Cinderella is coming out of the Disney Vault on October 2, so I thought LIGHTBULB! Why not let her have a mission for Cinderella? So while they were playing, I made a super off brand poop chart. Construction paper, sharpie, and stickers... I was done. Now every time she goes, she puts a sticker next to a number and when she fills up the row, she gets to go to Target and get Cinderella. She is actually loving it! 2 days, 2 stickers! That, my friends. is what I like to call PROGRESS <----- when I type that, I am singing the word 'progress' in my most broadway voice. Also, picture spirit fingers.

Fun Fact #1: When kids are potty training, they get very proud of themselves. They want to show everyone. When one parent is not there, they do not want to flush. So, in order to flush, you then get to take a picture of the toilet and it's contents with your phone. Yeah. Being a mom you do things you never thought you would do. Don't worry, though. I deleted the picture. It will not be on my blog.

Fun Fact #2: The poop chart is located on our fridge. You know what is not appetizing? Poop. So thank you for being a pain, Harlow. You are making it so much easier to cut back on snacking.

Awesome segue alert!

Speaking of appetizing, here is what we had for dinner the last 4 nights. I would tell you what we had Monday, but I literally have no idea. I cannot remember for the life of me. This week has been an ode to Skinnytaste and it has been amazing.

Tuesday- bacon topped turkey meatloaf with barbeque sauce. Sounds weird, but it is delicious! It is spicy, so if you have kids and make it, put theirs in the tins before you add the red pepper. Then add the red pepper to the rest.

Wednesday- Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Zucchini Boats. Yum. I love this. Again, it is spicy, so hold the sauce for the kids.

Thursday- Skinny Chicken Pesto Bake. I love her pesto. I never knew that it would be soooo easy to make! I served this with some pasta tossed in a small amount of the pesto, olive oil, salt and pepper. When Derrick finished eating, he took a deep breath, looked at me, and then gave me a high 5. Yeah, that good. The kids ate all of theirs as well.

Friday- Stuffed Buffalo Chicken Breasts. Now, I fully admit that I really hesitated making this. The picture makes it look amazing, but the ingredients? They scared me a bit.Well, I decided to go ahead and try it and thank the taste bud Gods that I did! It was delicious! One of my favorite meals. The kids didn't eat it, but the adults loved it!

I will add pictures later. My computer is being a POS and not downloading them.

No comments:

Post a Comment