Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Organized? Yes... Maybe... No.

There are some things that you can fulfil with money, but at the end of the day these are not the things that make you happy. It is the small things that make life good.
~Sebastian Vettel

I am on a mission to become organized. We can just say that my organizational skills have never been my strong point. The kids had a dentist appointment this morning at 8. The moment I scheduled it, I knew I was gonna have to bring my A game to get myself and 3 kids out of the door early enough to be on time. Of course, scheduling it for the day after a holiday just made it even easier to prepare myself! So what did I do to get there on time? Absolutely nothing!!! I completely forgot about it until they called me at 8:30. Fail. Huge, giant fail! Funny, small world story though. They were able to see us at 9:10 because their next appointment called to cancel. The person that canceled was my aunt Carla! Too funny. Well, we got there, all kids behaved, and no cavities. It could have been worse... I guess.

After that crazy morning, caffeine was a must. If there is one thing that always cheers me up, it is Starbucks. I love that place. The only thing better than Starbucks, is Starbucks in the fall! Here is all you need to know: Pumpkin Spice Latte. It did take a lot of self control, however, to not order a pumpkin cream cheese muffin.



Another reason I love my Starbucks is they have a drive thru. I know my fellow moms are with me when I say how much I love a drive thru. As much as I love my coffee, I do not love it enough to have to strap and unstrap 3 small children in car seats, drag them inside, have them ask for (and most likely touch) everything they see, hear them whine when I say no, and then finally- drag them back through the parking lot and strap them all in the swagger wagon (that's a mini van for all you uncool non-mini van havers).

My sweet ride, if you were curious.

Back to my organization skills. I have started meal planning. Cooking is something that always overwhelms me, so meal planning has been so great! It has saved me money while grocery shopping, I don't waste food, and I don't spend money on crappy takeout! Pinterest has been amazing for meal ideas, but my favorite website is skinnytaste.com. Skinnytaste has so many amazing recipes, but they are all diet friendly. My kids love them, I love them, even Derrick and Juan love them! Tonight to dinner we had salmon with black bean salad.... but I did have to tell the kids it was chicken. It was really good and if you are looking for a meal idea, you should definitely try it! I know it might sound kinda lame, but I am really loving cooking for my family. I am taking a lot of pride in feeding them this way. So meal planning is a change that I will be sticking by :o)

2 comments:

  1. It is a Chrysler Town and Country... I cried when we decided to get it, but I love it soooo much now!

    ReplyDelete