Thursday, September 6, 2012

Pinterest Fail: Meatless Dinner Edition



I have decided to make Thursday's dinner a meatless dinner. Last week we had eggplant pesto paninis and they were out of this world delicious. So this week I decided to try loaded quinoa burgers and sweet potato parm chips, they both looked good and easy enough. 

OMG. How wrong I was. First of all, when you only have a mini food processor, it is probably not the best idea to make a recipe where you have to put ALL the ingredients in the food processor. I tried. It didn't work. So then I thought, blender! A blender is bigger, that should work. Nope, still did not work. Finally, I just did small batches in the food processor and then combined them all in a bowl. I think I was so happy that I got it going, that I totally over processed it. It was like a black bean dip and forming it into "burger" patties was not pretty. They tasted ok, but they are definitely not on my make again list. 

Next, I made the sweet potato chips. Really... how hard could this be? I mean I make sweet potato fries all the time, this can't be too different. Hahahahaha! Got me again pinterest! The 'chips' are all stuck to my cookie sheet and the ones that I was able to get off were soft and not at all like a chip. They didn't taste horrible though, so plus one there. 

As I am typing this, I can still taste those quinoa burgers. I think that I am going to try and wash it away with some wine... and chocolate. When this turns into a weight loss blog, please don't remind me of this!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment