Monday, September 3, 2012

So It Begins

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up 
where I intended to be.  
~Douglas Adams

My husband and I just celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary at the end of July and I cannot believe how quickly time has gone by. We started dating when I was 15 (almost 16) and I am now 25! I moved to live with him when I was 19, we were married right after I turned 20, and we had our first son, DJ, a few months before I turned 21. Let me tell you, I am blessed beyond belief... DJ, Harlow, Dash, and my husband are all the light of my life. They provide more joy than I can even put into words. They are my life.


Now, with that being said, I have come to realize that they truly are my life. I have spent my entire adult life focused on everyone other than myself. I have tried to be the perfect wife and perfect mother. I have tried to measure up to my amazing friends, who are amazing moms. The other day I was on facebook and I came across this picture- 

and it really made me think. Who am I? Who is Alexa? Yes, I am a mother. Yes, I am a wife. Those are very important parts of me, but what else is there? I don't know. It was my "aha moment". I know that in order for me to be the best wife, mother, daughter, friend that I can be, I have to be my first rate self. I have to find what makes me happy.

So here I am. I am starting this journey. I know there are a lot of women out there that are going through this, too. I hope we can experience it together and learn from one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment