Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Over Confident

April 28th

Derrick went out of town. I was kind of terrified. It was the first time I would have all 4 kids by myself for an extended period of time. We dropped him off before school and he comes back this afternoon, so not too long, but enough to make me extremely nervous.

Cute, but scary.

And you know how I did? I rocked it. Hard core.

Harlow and DJ had school, so it was just Dash, Ellis, and I. We went to Starbucks (duh), we played, we made this delicious peanut butter pumpkin bread, Dash took a nap at the same time as Ellis and I was able to write yesterday's blog. Then we were on time picking up DJ and Harlow from school and EARLY to karate (that didn't happen when I just had 3 kids). We came home, homework was done with zero complaining, dinner was made, an intense game of basketball was played, and bedtime wasn't too horrible.

Dash converted his apron to a super hero cape after we were done baking

It was freaking awesome. I was so proud of myself. I got Ellis to sleep and watched The Voice and 19 Kids and Counting thinking, "Why did you doubt yourself, Alexa? This is cake." I was even thinking it went so smoothly and pretty boring that I didn't know what I would write my next blog about.

Not so fast, Alexa Martin... Not so fast.

April 29th

It happened so fast and so suddenly that I am still a little confused thinking back on it. Here is some of the text message I sent Derrick after the storm had settled (excuse the typos, I was tired):






































12:02. That is not an exaggeration. I have a hard time sleeping when Derrick is not here and I always leave our dog out. So when I heard movement and he started barking and growling, I almost peed my pants. It freaked me the hell out. I kept asking who it was, but Dash never said anything. I don't know why my kids are trying to send me to an early grave. So Dash finally comes around the corner and tells me that he threw up. Poor guy. I ask him where, he said his bed. Poor mom. 

You see, my boys share a room now that Ellis is here and they have bunk beds. Not a normal bunk bed where it is pretty open. No, no, no. That would be too easy. They have a fire house bed and the top is totally enclosed except the end where you climb in and a tiny little window on the side. Now, when we were buying the bed, being closed in is what sold me. My boys are insane and scared of nothing, so I didn't want multiple jump points on the bed. What didn't even cross my mind is that if they got sick, it was a serious process to get out of bed. Once DJ called me to his room saying his tummy hurt. By the time I was telling him to get out of bed it was too late I was *this close* to being covered in puke. I dodged it at the last second and sacrificed my carpet. This time it was IN HIS BED! So I had to climb up and was enclosed in the puke bed. It was awful. 

 See the window? The incident happened right there.

The boys their first night sharing a room

Thankfully DJ slept through this because it has been a fear of his since they started sharing a room. Every time Dash even hints about a tummy ache, DJ panics... "Maybe Dash should sleep on the floor mom. Maybe Dash should sleep in your room mom. I just don't want him to throw up on me.". Now I understand that it was a valid fear because Dash threw up right by the window that looks over DJ's bed. I was trying to find Dash's sleeping bag, but I couldn't so he ended up in a Cinderella sleeping bag just outside of his bathroom door just in case he got sick again. 

Poor guy.

Now of course, it would have been way too much to ask that Ellis sleep through this. As soon as I climbed into the bed to start cleaning, Ellis lost her mind. She was screaming at the top of her lungs. I swear she is the happiest, best baby in the world, but the only time she gets really pissed is when I can't get her right away (because I just started cleaning the chicken for dinner or vomit out of the bunk bed). So I finally get Dash squared away and get to her. Usually she calms down as soon as she is picked up, not this time. Nope. Not this time because she was soaked. Totally peed out of her diaper. Ughh! WHY?!?!? Why at 12:30 am???? Also, my boob pad shifted and I didn't realize it until the left side of my shirt was soaked #MomProblems.

So after I finally get her clean, changed, and back to sleep it is after 1. And I realized that I was way too confident and life had to slap some reality back into me. Don't worry, it will never happen again. Trust me... NEVER AGAIN! 






No comments:

Post a Comment