Sunday, April 14, 2013

Go DJ... That's My DJ!

My little man is 5!!!! How in the world did that happen? I know people always tell you how fast it goes, but man! It goes soooo fast!






This is the first year that DJ wanted to invite his class to his birthday party. I decided there was no way I was having 25 kids (not including my 3 crazies) in our house. Not a chance! So we chose our favorite birthday place... Monkey Bizness! He wanted a Ninjago theme.

 First of all, if you have never seen Ninjago, you are a very lucky person. His friends at school loved it, so DJ decided he loved it before he ever saw it. We went on a long road trip and let DJ and Harlow each pick out a movie for the ride. DJ chose Ninjago Season something. I thought it would be what? 2 hours max? Wrong. It came with 2 discs, each one being over 4 hours. Talking Ninja Legos. Longest. Trip. EVER!!!!

 His amazing Ninjago cake! Thanks Tina!!

The gift bags. Each bag had legos, skittles, starbursts, and of course some green necklaces since his birthday is on St. Patty's Day :)

Second, the best part of having a party at Monkey Bizness is you don't need to decorate. The kids run and jump for an hour and a half, eat pizza and cake, then you get to go home. No preparation, no clean up, why do I not always do this? Oh yeah, because I don't like easy apparently.

So the day before DJ's party I didn't know what to do with myself. I am used to being in a panic right before parties! Baking, crafting, cleaning and basically just running around like a crazy person. So I decided that he needed a special breakfast and something fun to do in the morning. Breakfast was easy, a donut "cake", heart shaped bacon (aka Pinterest fail), fruit salad with his favorite fruits, chocolate milk, and OJ. Simple and delicious. Now... something that I have not admitted. I hope Derrick isn't reading this!! I went to Target the day before and I bought a new serving bowl, platter, and 2 new pitchers for the drinks. Then I ran inside and put the stuff away so Derrick wouldn't know that I bought it. I have a problem. I know. I should be ashamed.  DJ loved his breakfast, but shockingly didn't comment on how nice the fruit salad looked in the bowl.



 It looked so easy here!!!



To give me something to do the day before, I decided that I would make DJ a scavenger hunt to find his presents! Now, I am not a poet, so the hardest part of this was thinking of clues that rhymed and he could figure out. After I figured them out, I typed them out, printed them, and then glued them to scrapbook paper I had in the house. All I bought was a few stickers, a hot wheels car to leave at each clue, and a bucket to put everything in as he went along. It costs about $10 and he LOVED it! The final clue led him to the pantry where he found all of his presents. He had so much fun that this might be a new tradition in the Martin house. 












Now... I already warned you that I wasn't a poet! What did you expect? 



The clues were nice and big, so he never had any problem finding them. He loved getting a car at each stop. He was just as excited finding these as he was finding all of his gifts :)

DJ had a great day and literally partied from the time he woke up until he went to bed! He loves being 5!



No comments:

Post a Comment