Monday, September 10, 2012

Where Did We Leave Off?

So... where did we leave off Saturday night? Oh yes, right here...


Sorry I didn't update yesterday (I know I ruined everyone's Sunday because they were so anxious to know), but I was pretty sure my head was going to explode. I had the world's worst migraine and spent most of the day hiding under a pillow. I know what you are all wondering- "How much wine did you drink, Alexa???" But really, I didn't even finish my one glass. So... What did I make with the tulle?


Tulle Balls!!! They are my new favorite party decoration! They are more of an effort and slightly more expensive than paper lanterns, but they look so fun! I found this tutorial on pinterest and tried them for Dash's party. Though they are easy to make, they are pretty time consuming. So after your kids go to sleep, turn on you favorite show, and get to work!

The tutorial is great, but I have a few tips to make it a little bit easier. First, cutting cardboard is a giant pain in the you know what. So, when you go to Hobby Lobby to buy the tulle, stop in the cake decorating isle. There you will find cake board circles and they come in different sizes, so you can pick the size that is best for you. Next, when you start to wrap these circles with the tulle, don't unroll the entire roll of tulle (each roll of tulle is 25 yards and if you unroll it all you will be overwhelmed with it all). Take it and pull out about 7 yards, cut, and then wrap. When you finish wrapping that, tuck it under, cut another 7 or so yards, and start where you left off, do this until the tulle is gone. Trust me is will make it so much easier. It took me about 4 poms before I figured out this technique. Finally, when you are all finished, put them high because your kids will think they look like awesome new toys!

In case you care, tonight for dinner was another pinterest recipe, spicy honey chicken thighs. This might be my favorite yet! It was so easy and so good! My kids even asked for seconds! I sauteed some sweet potatoes and steamed asparagus, it was a great dinner :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment