Monday, September 24, 2012

Movie Night Done Right?

Wrong.

In our house bedtime is always a fight. DJ and Harlow go to each other's rooms and try to keep playing. Usually they are awake for about 30-60 minutes after I put them in their beds. Drives. Me. Nuts.

Last night, I let them play with Harlow's new toys and put them in bed at 9. I gave them the normal "stay in your own bed, it's time to sleep" speech and crossed my fingers that it worked for once. And... it did!!!!

Or so I thought.

Derrick went to bed at about 11:30. He goes upstairs and I hear him talking. What? Who is he talking to? Those kids are asleep! He comes back downstairs and gives me a look. The first thing I say is "They are still awake??!!" I was shocked. He says, "DJ is". He then tells me that DJ was laying in his bed and... wait for it.... watching Power Rangers on my iPad!!!! That little creep! He had watched Power Rangers, Spiderman, and Iron Man! All on Netflix! I am not certain, but I think that is a parenting fail. How this kid can work the iPad better than me? I don't know.

This morning, when I woke him up for school. the first thing he said was "I wanted to watch a movie in my room, but Dad said no."

Looks like I am going to have to hide my electronics from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment