Thursday, October 17, 2013

Things My Kids Do.

Here are a list of some things that my kids do that I think are awesome.

1- Obsess with pop culture. My kids love to have dance parties and always have a favorite song/artist. DJ loves Justin Bieber and I think it is hilariously awesome. I took them to Dairy Queen after school the other day and when we were there he looked through the cake book and informed me that he wants the Justin Bieber birthday cake. It wasn't the first time that he has requested Justin Bieber gear, also not the first time I said "We will see..." aka no. Harlow loves Madonna (as shown for her 3rd birthday) and right now her favorite song in 'Roar' by Katy Perry. We have to watch the music video multiple times a day.

She picked out her outfit, by the way.



This happened after her Roar performance and I didn't turn on 'Call me, maybe'


2- They think they are Power Rangers. Mainly, this is Dash, but the other 2 play along, too. Dash is always striking his Power poses. Seriously, it is pretty much impossible to get a picture of him just standing there.



Here are multiple attempts of me trying to get a picture of Dash with his twin cousin. She was NOT impressed with his Ninja skills.

3- Make awesome, yet not remotely accurate descriptions. Whenever I take them out, they are calling some random person a member of our family and then they laugh hysterically. When I was taking them to school on Monday, DJ pointed to the people in the car next to us and said "Mom look! It's Nonna and she is with Justing Bieber!"

They look nothing like my mom... or Justin Bieber. 

4- Cuddle. Now, I don't know if cuddle is the right word to use. It is more like they completely lack respect for personal space. Our couch is huge, but no matter what they end up right next to you. I have tried to escape to the chair, but that backfires.




5- They make awesome fashion choices. Harlow leads the pack on this one, but Dash and DJ enjoy choosing their clothes, too. DJ always wants to wear 2 shirts. I don't know why, but he likes to layer. Harlow just goes with what she feels that day.

 I tried to get a picture, but like I said, he always is in Power Ranger mode.






5- They are food thieves. It doesn't matter if I give them the most awesome dinner of kid food ever. If I am on a diet, they always want my food. Half of the time, I eat standing up just so that they cannot take my food. For my mom's brunch, we were sitting at the table and Dash walked over to my aunt, picked up all of her fruit on her plate, walked back to his seat, put the fruit on his plate, and then ate it. It was so rude... but also the funniest thing ever. 

6- They make very strange requests. Harlow will only eat a sandwich cut into thirds. Really? Why must you make everything so difficult child? They also request that after they go to sleep that I check on them and take a picture of them. This started because they always asked me to check on them and then the next day they would say that I didn't check on them, so I started to take pictures of them so I would have proof (it is very important for me to prove my 4 and 5 year old wrong). Now they ask me every night to take a picture of them sleeping. I worried that when they are adults they might attract stalkers... "Mom! I love him! He takes pictures of me sleeping!" They will be excited and flattered by the creepiest thing ever. Oops.

Harlow's signature sandwich. 

 On vacation she fell asleep with the Bible. 



There are many more things that make my kids awesome... but I have to limit it, otherwise this would be a never ending post!

No comments:

Post a Comment