Thursday, October 10, 2013

The Sweet Life

I have a bone to pick. It is with all these "healthy, clean eater" people on my news feeds (facebook, instagram, life in general) who are constantly posting pictures of their food. Not their food, but their dessert.

Fruit is NOT dessert. Fruit can be breakfast. It can be a snack, but it is not freaking dessert. I have fallen into this lie. I have posted a picture of my "dessert" on instagram. Ugh. I hate myself. I think I was trying to trick my mind into believing that I was actually satisfying my need for something sweet.

Not dessert, this was just a nice big bowl of denial.

Dessert. See the difference?

As you know, I am trying to watch what I eat. I had 3 weeks (yes... not days, weeks) of eating like shit and now I am trying to get back on track. Last night ALL I wanted was chocolate, I needed it. Well, of course we don't have any because I have cleaned my house out so that I can't give in. So you know what I had? I had grapes. Bull. Shit. This did not satisfy my sweet craving in the least. It made me actually want to punch somebody, it made me angry. Let's be honest here, the only way grapes are going to satisfy my craving is if they are in the form of wine. I would say that I feel better about myself this morning for making a good choice, but I don't. I still want chocolate... or a cookie... or ice cream. You get the point.

Exactly.

No comments:

Post a Comment