Thursday, October 3, 2013

People Watching



So a few days ago, I realized something. I am kind of a horrible person. I know, you are all shocked, but it's true. The realization came when I was downloading my pictures from my phone to the computer and I saw a lot of pictures of strangers. Yeah, I am not proud. Sometimes I just can't help it though!

This was in New Orleans. Those are stripped leggings with massive cutouts. A definite fashion don't.

I didn't know these cars were still running!

I saw this couple when I was leaving Target. I am actually obsessed with them. Not only do they love each other enough to still shop together, they match while doing it! True love, folks.

At the beginning of September, I went to DC to visit my bestie. We went to the Maroon 5 concert (which was so good!) and just had fun. I was only there for 2 nights, but we had a blast. Ok... the point of this all. I flew Southwest. When I fly Southwest I try to pick a row that is going to be the "fun row". You know, the row that talks and laughs, has a cocktail or 2, and are airplane best friends. So when I was picking my row, the plane was still fairly empty. The guy in the row in front of me looked awesome, he was youngish and wearing a shirt with a beer on it. I was ****this**** close to sitting down next to him, but there were still like 11 empty rows and I didn't want to be creepy, so I sat in the row being him. I kept my fingers crossed and hoped for fun row... you know what I got?


I got a couple in matching plaid. They didn't even acknowledge that I was in the row with them. Not a smile, not a wave, nothing... the entire flight. She even knocked my elbow off the armrest without a glance my way. But because I am me, I didn't ignore them back, I became obsessed. I wanted to know what they were reading and where they were going. I mean, why wouldn't they want to be my airplane bestie? I am fun, just because I wasn't wearing plaid is not a reason to ignore me! So for about 30 minutes of my flight, I pretended to try and get comfortable and read my book (I read on my phone. Yes, I know, my eyes are already suffering) and I took pictures. I used my zoom to try and get the titles of their books. Pathetic.

His book had a bear.

She was reading Hiking Through: One Man's Journey to Peace and Freedom on the Appalachian Trail
.

After being very sneaky nosy, I figured out that they were hiking the Shenandoah National Park. Which, Taylor learned when we were driving to the concert and I saw a sign for it and got a little too excited to see. I think it was probably best that they ignored me though, I hate the outdoors. We wouldn't have had anything good to talk about. 

I also take videos. I shouldn't admit this, but I do.


Vegas always has top notch people watching.

This is one of my favorites.

Well, now you know one of my dark secrets. Because I posted all of these pictures of strangers, I think it is only fair that I post some pictures of me at some times that were not my best.

In Walmart trying on overalls. Those are my shoes behind me... I was barefoot in Walmart.

At the oxygen bar at the Las Vegas airport. I cannot believe I let Derrick take this picture.

1 comment:

  1. You didn't post the video of that crazy dancer in KC lol. You spy better than anyone I know!! I'm proud

    ReplyDelete