Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Good Morning.


Ok. So I didn't really put vodka in my coffee... but I was close. This morning was not the most pleasant one in the Martin house. First, why do children hate sleep? It is the only thing I am looking forward to the teen years for. 6:30 every morning? I am over it. I told my mom the other day that I got to sleep in. She asked me how late I slept and I said 8. Then I was depressed.

Wednesdays are school days... Thank you baby Jesus. At their school, the kids in pre-k and kindergarden have to wear uniforms Monday-Thursday. This is not anything new and DJ is not new to this. So why... WHY... did DJ have a massive fit about having to wear a uniform to school today? Full blown tears over a freaking shirt, "I HATE uniforms! Why do I have to wear the shirt with the chicken? All my friends are gonna laugh at me!". Seriously kid? Your friends are wearing the same shirt, they are not going to laugh. Another thing, you are 4. You are not supposed to care about what you wear. Then he got dressed and the dramatics continued.... "I am gonna tell everyone that you are so mean for making me wear this, mom." Sure you are. Then he goes in the toy room and comes back and tells me "See, MOM! All my toys just laughed at me because of this shirt." Dear, Lord. Where does he get this? I don't even care about what I wear this much. I told him that if he doesn't stop talking about the shirt, I was going to make him wear his uniform on Friday, too. He finally stopped talking about it.

After he stopped complaining about his shirt, I gave DJ and Harlow their toothbrushes and told them to brush their teeth. I then ran upstairs, put on leggings and found a hat (my mom uniform... hot), and came back down... 2 minutes at the most. I come back down and Harlow spilled an entire cup of water on her shirt. UGH! We were ready to walk out the door, we were going to be on time!!!! Why can I never be on time?!?! She had the cutest outfit on, then I had to find a new shirt, which I didn't have time to iron, btw, and run out of the house.

So in the end, DJ went into class giving me the stink eye and Harlow went in looking like a mess. Dammit.

No comments:

Post a Comment