Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Fresh to Death

Well, the day finally came. Dash got his first haircut... and I cried. He wouldn't let me comb his hair anymore so he was forming baby dreads and we just had to part with his wild hair.

Before.

When Derrick and I discussed his haircut, I told him I still wanted him to have some curls. "Don't cut it all off.... Don't have a repeat of DJ's first haircut." I said. Did he listen? Not. At. All. My baby has no more hair. Now all of a sudden he looks like a grown man and also DJ's twin.

After.
Well, Hello there Handsome.

DJ on the left when he was 2. 

Dash actually took the haircut pretty well. I mean, he obviously cried a little bit because he hates when people touch his head almost as much as he hates sitting still. The two things combined resulted in a pissed off Dash after a few minutes. I cried when Derrick cut the ponytail off and then again when I realized he was cutting off all of the curls. But it was Harlow who took it the worst and I have video evidence to prove it.


Now, I shouldn't take enjoyment in Harlow's sadness, but it was so funny! After Derrick was done cutting Dash's hair she said "He doesn't even look like Dash anymore!" and started to cry again. 

Then I offered them cake and everyone was happy. Oh children... how easy they move on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment