Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Mr. Romantic

Here is something that is a universal truth. Gifts rock.



The only thing better than a gift, is when it is a surprise, for no reason at all, gift. They are my favorite to receive and to give. The thing with these is, it is all about thought. When Derrick comes home with a large diet crack... I mean coke without me asking, I want to jump his bones. It makes me so happy. The small things people.

When I go to Target, there are times that I linger in the card section and read them all until I find the perfect one for Derrick. Does he appreciate it? Well, maybe not all the way. And maybe... just maybe, I get him one so that I have a reason to lurk around the greeting cards section instead of going home and cleaning. Here are a few examples of my random thoughtfulness.

This lovely plaque from Hobby Lobby hangs proudly on the wall in the Man Cave. 

 This book also came with a dramatic reading, very special.

That's right, a Saved By The Bell love card. 

So, as you can see, I am pretty much amazing at the art of surprise gifts. I was the hailing champion, until yesterday when Derrick got me the surprise gift to top ALL surprise gifts. 

Drumroll please.....


A Nike fanny pack, y'all, that's right. 

My kids, however, did not appreciate it. In fact, they hated it so much that DJ and Harlow both actually cried until I took it off. This gift has inspired me, though. I have decided to find a matching red visor and take a trip to Blackhawk... or a some kind of monument... or maybe to the mall to join my fanny pack brothers and sisters.

Thanks for the gift, Mr. Romantic and I think it is now safe to say that I am one lucky lady. 



No comments:

Post a Comment